Business / Commercial Product Sections

A Business Package policy can incorporate a variety of different insurance options depending on your industry and particular insurance requirements. We have collated a list of business related insurance options with a brief explanation of each term to enable you to better understand your options and decide what cover/s your business needs.

Fire & Perils

Covers destruction of, or damage to, your buildings and contents through fire and other perils such as lightning, explosion, malicious damage, earthquakes, storm, and water damage.

Business Interruption

Provides cover if business is interrupted through damage to property by fire or other insured perils. Cover ensures ongoing expenses are met and anticipated net profit is maintained through provision of cash flow.


Covers the following areas when theft occurs involving violent, forcible entry: loss or damage to stock, goods held in trust and all contents for which you are responsible within the premises. Note: It does not normally cover theft by employees or others entitled to be on the premises.

Loss of Money

Cash and items such as postal orders, cheques and stamps are insured against theft from business premises or while in transit.


Covers you for Accidental Breakage of Glass and provides a number of additional benefits.

Public Liability

Covers your liability for claims by members of the public who suffered injury or damage to property while on your premises, or while you are working at their premises.

Products Liability
If you sell, supply or deliver goods, even in the form of repair or service, you may need cover against liability for claims of goods causing injury or damage.

General Property

This covers Damage to Property Insured caused by Defined Events and provides an optional benefit for fire. You can choose accidental damage cover or a cover restricted to collision and/or overturning of the conveying vehicle and flood.

Electronic Equipment

Material damage and loss of data following breakdown or malfunction.

Unregistered mobile plant and machinery

Loss and damage to trailered equipment.

Workers’ Compensation (outside of Queensland)

Providing cover for employers’ liability for injury to employees, Act benefits and at Common Law.

If you require further information or wish to obtain a business quote including the above, please click here to arrange a meeting with one of our friendly, experienced broking team. JVIB, helping you do “Business Without Boundaries”.